miércoles, 25 de abril de 2007

Yesterday a trainee, Today a volunteer!

TODAY I BECOME A CERTIFIED PEACE CORPS VOLUNTEER!!!!
We have a ceremony with diplomats from the DR and the US embassy and everyone from the PC office. And i take an oath and sign offical documents. Its really exciting. We are all so proud of ourselves and so sad. I could cry i miss everyone already and i'm sitting right next to my best friend here, Margaret. I'm going to my other best friends house, Stephanie to blow dry my hair after i eat margarets dona's "life changing french fries" We'll see how good they really are. These were the other 2 girls in my agforestry group and they are just awesome. But they will never take the place of my one and only twin bff, Lauren Frisbie. Tears will be shed today. Training was an incredible experience, i would do it over a million times if i had to. (I'm glad i don't tho, Hubo dias muy abburidos)

Oh by the way everyone, I passed all my tests!!!!!!!! I'm an intermediate mid spanish speaker which is the requirement. I was so excited, i got a little choked up! All the other tests and interview went smoothly.

So anywho back on track. I think when i get as frustrated as I was in my site, I know that i have these great friends and great supports that i will be fine. All volunteers have told us that "your peace corps service will be a rollercoaster of emotions" I am just now at my crossroads from trainee to volunteer realizing how "challenging" this can be. But like everyone always says " what ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" and i'm pretty sure i'll be the incredible hulk by the time i get back!!! 2 years in the DR, thats all i can say....

Tomorrow we are going to the beach!!! It'll be my second time. I wasn't impressed the first time. Boca Chica is G-Ross, but we're going to a different one this time with all my friends. And i think friday i'm getting permission from the PC office to get a horse, and a puppy at the pound!!!! Yippeee Then we might go swimming at the US Embassy, haha its nice being American!

Wish me luck i'm gonna go get pretty!

Love everyone, thanks for all your support!

3 comentarios:

Lookingup dijo...

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
YOU GO GIRL!
BEING AN OFFICIAL PEACE CORP VOLUNTEER IS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!
GO NICKY, GO NICKY, ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY, GO NICKY!
LOVE ALWAYS,
AUNT LISA

Unknown dijo...

hey babes ,you always made me so proud you just keep on topping the last , i think i must be the proudest daddio in all the world .
i cant wait to come and visit with you . hope you have a great time at the beach this time . congrats on becoming an official PEACE CORP VOLUNTEER ,, BLOODY GOOD JOB GIRL
lots of love daddio

Unknown dijo...

Woo Hoo! I finally got this computerdooray to be nice to me so I can let you know I am thrilled beyond thrilled with all you have done and all you are becoming. You just keep kicking it up a notch! I can't wait to experience this place you call Ranchito myself and finally give you the huge hug I have been sending you.
LOVE,LOVE, LOVE is all we need
mom