domingo, 22 de abril de 2007

ai ai ai

Back in the capital. I'm in the peace corps headquarters right now cuz the girl i was traveling with was sick last night vomiting and the works. so she's getting checked out by the doctor and i'm using the internet for free.
So my hill is really overwhelming. My dona is crazy, i mean 2nd grade education level, had an abusive husband that died just crazy. She just isn't helpful, and she confuses the hell out of me. But she's a great cook. I can't wait until i get my own house and meet other people in the community. She's going to drive me insane if i don't get other friends or meet other people in the community.
Its also freezing cold and wet on my hill. Def. not tropical hot weather. Its good to not be sweaty anymore, but i get shivers and never feel warm b/c its so damp. So if anyone would like to send me a hooded sweatshirt I would love that, they are hard to come by in this country b/c most places its freaking hot. I decided that i am going to start running every morning so that i will get warm enough to want to take a bucket bath outside.
oh well i will get used to it.
Enough ranting, i think it was just a really confusing and tiring visit to my community. I will be returning back there next sunday.
Tomorrow i have my final language test, a medical test and a safety and policies test. Also tomorrow there are interviews with the peace corp director and sector director. Once again I am nervous. Ai Ai Ai

2 comentarios:

Lookingup dijo...

We feel so bad you're having a rough spot. She sounds insane. We're worried about you. Your Mom filled us in on everything. Katie is so scared for "poor Nicky". We are with you, little girl, hang in there. I think you will be out of that crazy house soon. Love, aunt Lisa, Uncle Steve, Katie, Khloe, and Kai.

Unknown dijo...

That doesn't sound too fun :-(
Good cooking counts for something.. that's a perk over your first place!

hopefully you can find some normal folks in the community, or another Pobrecita Margharita. I'm proud you're hanging in there!
Love,
-Gavin