lunes, 4 de junio de 2007

dogs, chickens, cows...

So this was a frustrating week to say the least, the woman i live with is so uneducated and ignorant but i can{t say anything to her b-c it just won{t go through her thick skull. So i made it through the week by keeping my distance.
Saturday I hiked with the youth group in my town to the peak of my mountain, round trip it took 8 hours, my legs are sore but it was really fun.
Then yesterday i was in Santiago all day at a earth day celebration. I participated in the longest and slowest savenger hunt ever. I didn{t even run once.
Not much else is new besides that.
Oh but one day one of the dogs damaged a chickens wing so my host brother who is 17 just decided the best thing to do was to cut off the wing all together, and the chicken lived, so that day when i was feeding the dogs and the chicken started eating the food i didn{t want to touch it like i usually would b{c of its bloody numb so i just cringed and let it eat with the dogs, i figured it was the least i could do. So that night the dogs ended up sleeping in a coop that a rooster is usually in so that they couldn{t get at any of the chickens. When i went into the chicken house in the morning there were also 3 calves in there too and a load of cow poop outside of the coop that the dogs were in. It was actually pretty funny.
By the way we have 3 dogs now, mine-Perla, Jens-Lechoza, and my dona{s a new little boy- Scooby. So yeah i take care of three dogs. It keeps me busy.

Just a day in life of El Ranchito

No hay comentarios: