martes, 20 de marzo de 2007

ropa interior

It rains alot here, especially at night. And the sound of rain on the tin roof is so soothing. Sometimes a rain drop sneaks in but usually its dry. There is a lizard that lives in or on one of the cross beams in my room i think. I´ve seen him twice, the first time i saw him he pooped on my floor while he was hanging from the ceiling. That wasn´t too pleasant, lizard poop looks like bird poop. I´ll be mad if he does that again.

I need to wash my ropa interior aka underwear. Apparently it is disrespectful for the woman of the house to wash another womens underwear. So she washes my pants and shirts about twice a week, but my underwear has just been building up. Fortunately I brought about 20 pairs, so i´m not running out but i dont´want it to come down to that. Tomorrow i have to do a presentation in spanish about the interviews i did in the community on saturday morning with the other 2 guys in my community, so today and tonite i will prepare for that. but hopefully tomorrow night i will get my ropa interior washed. The last time i washed my underwear was at my house in santo domingo, i used 3 buckets of water, one with soap and 2 to rinse. It was a pain in the buttocks.

Tonite we have an evening session with the peace corps nurse and our tech trainer, Eli who is a great guy, is bringing us PIZZA for dinner, that will be the highlight of my day!!!!

6 comentarios:

Lookingup dijo...

Hey Dirty underwear Girl! Yucky! Do you want some undies sent??? Ooooh! Kai will be soo excited to hear of the LIZARD! He is the great lizard hunter of our family. He LOVES them and has a talent for catching those quick and slippery critters. He makes himself all small and hunched over and he walks all slow and creepy with his hands cupped then ..POUNCE! He's got them. Its the highlight of our Florida trips. He spends all down time on lizard hunts.
I love the idea of rain on a tin roof. It sounds sooo peaceful. Lucky you. I bet its a sound you'll always remember and keep with you.
Love you Nicky!

Unknown dijo...

Ooh, rain on the tin roof? Sounds like our house! And piles of underwear? That kinda sounds like your room too... haha

it sounds like you're doing great! Are the waterfall pics up anywhere?
I'm sending you an email, lots is going on here

holafromlola dijo...

Hey I think that's a good underwear rule, I mean, I wouldn't wanna wash your underwear either hahaaa, love ya!

Unknown dijo...

hey babes you sure seeing and doing alot more than most ppl see in a life time. did you give your lizzard a name ??? i'm sure kai could come up with a good name .luv you babes .... daddio

Unknown dijo...

Is this lizard something like rainbow? Hahahaha! Did you name the little critter yet? For that matter did you name any of the critters you have encountered?
I am glad that you brought ample underwear. There is nothing worse than having to spend hours and hours handwashing your knickers(as if I knowhahaha!)
I can't wait to hear the rest of your loca adventures! Luv, mum

Kahuna dijo...

Hola!

Hey, Nicky, no undies! Wow, you're seriously roughing it! Can't you weave some out of grass or something? I am sure they taught you that kind of thing before they gave you a matchette! I loved the YouTube last week. It looks like you're adjusting pretty well? How was that cliff jumping? Let me know. Should I be sending you NY Yankee scores or something to trade with the natives? Talk to you soon!

Uncle Steve