viernes, 16 de marzo de 2007

Aralen Fog

Hola!
Its lunchtime. Today we worked on our garden. I was in a fog all morning, which is becoming a trend the morning after i take my weekly dose of Aralen, the anti-malarial medicine. I´m going to start taking it on the weekend so i´m not in the fog during training. Another side effect of Aralen is ¨technicolor dreams¨. They are supposed to be really crazy and seem really real. I´ve heard alot of peoples, but i havén´t experienced any yet so far. Sometimes i wake up and feel like i´ve just hung out with the people in my dream, but besides that nothing. I´m going to try again next week, and every week after that.

Tomorrow we have to start our practice community diagnostic. I have to go to 7 houses and ask them questions about the community, like population, facilities, their income and education level. Just really annoying questions. When i get to my actual site i will be glad to do it b-c i will have an actual interest in the community and the people but for practice i´m not into it. Oh well its all a part of training.

After i´m done with that around noonish. We are going the waterfallls. I´ll def. have pics of that for you all. Then there is a party at a house in my community where another volunteer is staying. That should be fun, i guess there is a crazy uncle louigie. haha

Last night for dinner i had Mangoo for the first time. And no thats not mango. Its mushed up, kinda pureed bananas or plantains i´m not sure which one, with garlic and cheese and onions. It was actually really good. Like cheesy mashed potatoes.

Ok til next week... PEACE

No hay comentarios: