viernes, 3 de agosto de 2007

Mud ball

Hola,

So I made it through my 3 month technical training. It was alot of fun, didn't get too much out of it but being back with the whole group was a blast. One night we turned one of the communal bathrooms into a club, named Club Potty. More than 2/3 of the volunteers were in the bathroom at one time, i of course was dancing on the sink. We also built a wood burning cook stove and with the extra mud from that a couple of us played a not so friendly game of mud ball. Thats me and Kevin playing mudball

So I haven't been back to Ranchito for a week and 5 days. I tried to go back but I just wasn't mentally ready. I really haven't been happy in my site, living with my crazy host mom, struggling with the language, waiting for my house to start getting worked on, dealing with homesickness and complete and udder boredom. Its been a difficult time. Lucky my bestfriend will be here in 8 days!!!! Lauren is bringing alot of clothes and things that i have been missing and so maybe i will feel more complete when i have all that.

Lots of older volunteers say that when you move out of your host families house that it makes all the difference in the world on your sanity and happiness, so i'm really banking on that. I will need to buy alot of stuff to make that house feel like home, you know like a bed and a table and chairs and a stove, pots pans plates and i need a radio with a cd player. When mom and dad come they are going to buy me a hammock so thats exciting. I'm pretty sure i'm going back to Ranchito today to get this process started.

Hope everything is going well at home. On august 15th i will have been in the DR for half a year, FYI. Can't wait to come home!!!!!!! Love you all!!!

No hay comentarios: